Corporate finance advisory
Pallidus is an independent corporate finance and investment banking firm. Our independence gives us the freedom to ensure our clients receive the best solution and advice, because we can focus on their needs and objectives, rather than needing to sell capital market products. We strive to ensure that we are never in a position where our clients’ best interests are in conflict with our own.
We have a distinctive, focused approach that is tailor-made to each client’s unique needs. Our strength is developing and delivering independent, innovative, integrated and intelligent financial solutions and products, and delivering them in a simple, effective way.
Our team of professionals has many years of corporate finance and investment banking experience, and has advised on many local and cross-border transactions. Should you wish to find out more about the transactions we have advised on, you are welcome to contact us.
Our handpicked clients include large corporates, both listed and unlisted, multi-nationals and high net worth individuals in a variety of sectors, including:
- Consumer services
- Engineering services
- Financial services
- Information technology
- Processing and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
Our corporate finance advisory services include, but are not limited to:
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) advisory
- Black economic empowerment (BEE) transaction advisory
- Capital raisings
- Corporate structuring
Pallidus Capital specialises in M&A advisory and has acted as the lead advisor on many M&A transactions. Our extensive client network enables us to identify and approach the right investors, buyers or sellers, based on the transactional objectives. Our mission is to get to know exactly what you need and then advise on the best course of action, be it for a listing, equity or debt capital raising, BEE transaction, merger or acquisition. While our approach is creative and innovative, we are always considered, thoughtful and pragmatic.
- Deal origination
- Buy and sell side advisory
- BEE ownership transactions and solutions
- Management buy-outs or buy-ins
- Listings (primary, secondary, dual and inward listings) and delistings
Pallidus Capital recognises that every company is unique, and that access to the right capital is key to any business. Pallidus has assisted many companies with the consideration and raising of their optimal form of capital, being equity, debt or mezzanine finance. We have access to an extensive network of high-net worth, private equity, corporate and institutional investors to whom we present investment opportunities.
- Cash issues
- Debt and mezzanine capital raisings
- Initial public offerings
- Private placements
- Rights offers (including claw-backs)
- Special situations capital raisings
- Venture capital raisings
BEE Transaction Advisory
Pallidus Capital specialises in the structuring of and advising on black economic empowerment (BEE) ownership transactions. Our proven track record illustrates our commitment to sustainable BEE ownership transactions, avoiding the typical pitfalls associated with mainstream BEE ownership transactions. The BEE ownership transactions we have designed and implemented to date have generated significant value to our clients and their BEE partners.
We believe that BEE ownership transactions should be value adding and sustainable to the company, its original shareholders and the empowerment participants.
Our unique BEE ownership solutions feature:
- maximisation of BEE ownership points;
- sustainable funding structures;
- the facilitation of real and sustainable empowerment;
- creating value for the company and its BEE partners; and
- protecting value for the original shareholders
Designing an optimal corporate structure is critical for any business to promote good and appropriate corporate governance, facilitate the raising of appropriate capital, manage commercial risks, enhance investor protection and minimise unnecessary costs.
Pallidus Capital provides independent corporate structuring advice to companies, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Our team is uniquely positioned to design and implement a local, international or multi-jurisdictional corporate structure or restructuring due to our in-depth understanding and integration of accounting, legal, regulatory and tax disciplines.
Pallidus Exchange Services assists and advises companies on all stages of their listing process, their choice of exchange as well as their continuing obligations. We assist companies with all types of listings, whether it is an introduction, initial public offering, primary or inward listing.
We have in-depth knowledge of the differences between all the South African exchanges, as well as a number of non-South African exchanges, which allows us to advise you on the most appropriate exchange for you. Pallidus Exchange Services has listed more issuers on the alternative South African exchanges than any other firm.
Our team has extensive listings and continuing obligation experience, which allows us to guide our clients through the intricacies of the applicable regulatory compliance requirements. Pallidus Exchange Services is an approved JSE Sponsor and Designated Advisor and approved 4AX Issuer Agent.
Our exchange services include:
- Advising on listings (primary or inward)
- Drafting of listing particulars and circulars
- Project managing the listing approval process from start to finish, including exchange and other approvals
- Assistance with and advising on continuing obligations
- Advising on the interpretation and compliance with applicable listing requirements
- Interactions between the applicable exchange and other regulators such as the Takeover Regulation Panel, the South African Reseve Bank and the competition authorities
- Liaising with the applicable exchange
Apart from listings, Pallidus Exchange Services have extensive experience in many types of corporate actions as they apply to listed clients, including:
- Rights issues
- Capitalisation issues
- Share buy-backs
- Share incentive schemes
- Odd-lot offers
- Dividends and other distributions
- Annual general and other special shareholder meetings
For more information contact Jacques Botha.
Pallidus Fintech sources, develops, and actively manages commercial opportunities for which technology solutions can be employed in order to:
- Bring a highly differentiated offering to the market;
- Address new or existing market segments that are primed for disruption;
- Manage commercial risks more effectively; and
- Reduce operating and administration costs
With a focus on innovation in the financial services space, our services range from project-based advisory engagements, participating in technical solution implementation lifecycles, providing ongoing managed services, and taking equity positions in new or existing ventures as implementation partners.
For more information contact John Cass.